Maryland Room Policies
The Maryland Room collection is available to the Public for research, subject to the following rules:
- Items in the collection do not circulate and must be consulted in the Maryland Room, during regular library hours.
- Items must be requested from a staff member or a volunteer. Exceptions are made for genealogy binders and books (call numbers 929-929.8).
- Maps, manuscripts and books with a "supervision required" status can only be consulted by appointment with the curator or a librarian.
- All inquiries concerning photocopying must be referred to a staff member or a Maryland Room volunteer.
- All documents must be handled with great care. Please use pencil only while in the room.
- When using manuscripts, do not disturb the arrangement of papers or folders.
- When you have finished using material, please leave it on the tables. Please Do Not Reshelve.
- Permission to publish material from the Maryland Room collection must be obtained in writing from the Maryland Room Curator or a librarian.