2018-2022 TCFL Strategic Plan
Mission Statement: The Talbot County Free Library inspires our community to discover ideas and information to enrich and renew lives.
- Strategic Direction: TCFL provides services, opportunities, and resources for lifelong learning, enrichment, and the building of skills that allow individuals to grow and thrive personally and professionally.
- TCFL contributes to the positive development of children, motivating them to explore their world, develop their potential, and strengthen their educational skills through outstanding programs, resources, and services.
- TCFL supports lifelong learning for adults and young adults as they seek to realize their personal and educational goals, develop their talents, and enrich their lives by providing quality resources, services, and programs.
- TCFL supports our staff in acquiring the knowledge, leadership, and mentoring skills needed to help the community and each other succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- TCFL serves as a community technology center providing opportunities for patrons to build skills, innovate, and be creative with technology.
- TCFL creates new and enhances current collections to keep up with technological innovation and meet the educational and enrichment needs of the community.
- Strategic Direction: TCFL is an active presence in our community and creates versatile, accessible, and welcoming spaces that support discovery, provide enjoyment, and enrich lives.
- TCFL will expand and renovate the St. Michaels branch so that it will offer resources appropriate to a 21st century library.
- TCFL explores opportunities to update facilities to provide customer-friendly spaces and technology that meet the changing needs of the community.
- TCFL meets community demand for convenient library services by exploring options for increasing accessibility and convenience of library facilities and services.
- TCFL provides youth with access to spaces, technology and materials to enhance their recreational, educational and creative pursuits.
- TCFL provides facilities that are safe, secure, comfortable, clean, and inviting.
- Strategic Direction: TCFL maintains an outward focus to ensure purposeful community engagement, partnership development, and promotion of library services, programs and resources.
- TCFL partners with advocacy groups, media, and other community organizations to increase support and promotion of the library.
- TCFL provides outreach programs and library services to populations and geographic areas in Talbot County currently not well served by existing branches.
- TCFL raises public awareness of the depth of library services and programs to increase their reach and use.
- TCFL offers expanded opportunities for civic and cultural engagement.
Approved by the Board of Trustees October 19, 2017