Friends of the Library
Established in 1974, the Friends of the Talbot County Free Library is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote a greater understanding of the importance of the Library for the enrichment and growth of our community. The Friends of the Library is dedicated to developing resources, assisting library staff and funding special programs that cannot be provided for in the annual budget.
- Encourage public support of the Library
- Promote public awareness of library services and resources
- Support the expansion of library services for the benefit of our community
- Support children's programs and the Summer Reading Program
- Sponsor and coordinate special events, such as the Library's annual “Night in the Stacks” fundraiser
- Assist library staff with Library special events like Books Sales and the Chesapeake Children's Book Festival.
- Advocate for the Library with state and local governments
If you would like to become a Friend of the Talbot County Free Library, membership forms are available at any Talbot County Free Library location.